One of the most pompous promises made by the authorities in Serbia after the tragedies in Belgrade and the Mladenovac area was that they would abolish reality shows.
In this regard, Serbian President Aleksandar Vučić and Prime Minister Ana Brnabić proudly announced recently that they are done with reality shows and that they will fulfill one of the demands of the dissatisfied part of the citizens, that there should be no more of them.
Not missing the opportunity to remind their electorate that "one televangelist" is to cancel her reality show (although the recently concluded Survivor on television Nova S propagates everything, except violence, primitivism and immorality), Vučić and Brnabić said at the last media conference on Wednesday that "there is no more reality".
Or is there anyway? How else to interpret the statement of the owner of Pink Željko Mitrović that Cooperative is returning to the small screens and that for the next season from September he is preparing something "that Serbia has not seen yet"?
What is happening here and whose word is stronger in the state of Serbia? The owner of the media or the president of the country?
Exactly two weeks after he announced that "on the recommendation of Aleksandar Vučić, in the shortest possible time, no longer than ten days", Željko Mitrović announces a new television season - an "unsurpassed" one.
From Šimanovci, Mitrović apologized to the "most loyal viewers" that this season ended earlier, without mentioning the tragic reasons behind the public pressure to end the broadcast.
"I apologize (to the viewers) that we are ending this season a little early, but we used the time since this announcement that we will end early, we used the time to design everything that is necessary for the next season. We're doing a dozen new projects, we're working in this space here, we're doing a much more developed project, we're doing an upgrade and another set that's bigger than this new part. We are preparing a season that will be unsurpassed in all categories," said owner and director of Pink Media Group Željko Mitrović for his television.
Mitrović touched on the reasons why this season of "Zadruga" was interrupted earlier on his Instagram.
"Sad ending of 'Zadruga 6', half the team is crying, half is silently grieving, maybe I should have called for a peaceful protest of 3 million heavy viewer for support Cooperatives to end this crazy-schizophrenic exchange of theses and to show how many real supporters there are and to dismantle once and for all this crazy political vulture on great tragedies for which reality has no but absolutely no responsibility! But it's never too late! Stop the terror of the minority over the majority! Stop the violence!" Mitrović wrote.
Let's remember what Prime Minister Ana Brnabić said on Wednesday evening:
"TV Pink canceled the reality show, Nova never mentioned that it wanted to cancel the reality show, so that request was partially fulfilled," said the Prime Minister of Serbia in her usual upset tone on Wednesday.
What is even more interesting in this story, a little later after her and Vučić's address, "Zadruga" was broadcast on Pink.
I.Đ./N1
Read daily news, analysis, commentary and interviews at www.vreme.com